-
January 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
#111
Inactive Member
Some tough questions but I think I got 4 of them Wink. I'll have to think about hte other ones for a while. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
02) What was the name of the song?
You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone
03) Can you name the band?
Electric Light Orchestra
04) Can you name the song?
This Diamond Ring
08) Can you name the song, which was made popular during the British invasion of the 1960's?
House Of The Rising Sun
-
January 26th, 2008, 04:11 PM
#112
moderator
Hola Rog! Sorry to hear you've been sick but I'm glad you made it to our 9th game in this Trivia Game Series!
All of your answers are correct, except for #12 which gives you 7 correct answers. Todd is in second place with 4 correct answers and Paul is in third place with 1 correct answer.
Let's take a look at your answers guys! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
01) Stu Cook and Doug Clifford did indeed call their band Cosmo's Factory! Cosmo was Doug's nickname and Cosmo's Factory was CCR's fifth album!
02) You Light Up My Life was indeed the big hit, by Pat Boone's "one hit wonder" daughter, Debbie!
03) The band whose debut album, in 1972, was called "No Answer" was indeed The Electric Light Orchestra!
04) Al Kooper did indeed co-write 'This Diamond Ring' for Gary Lewis and The Playboys. Interestingly, this Leon Russell arrangement had none of the Playboys actually playing their instruments on the recording and Lewis' vocals were heavily supported by Ron Hicklin's overdubs.
05) Brenda Lee's 'I'm Sorry' was indeed meant to be just a B-Side but the DJ's knew a #1 hit when they heard it!
06) The Byrds Jim McGuinn indeed changed his name to Roger, confusing Byrd fans world-wide!
I too was in the dark as to why, until recently!
07)
08) Madame Marianne Le Soleil Levant (which means "Rising Sun" in French) was indeed the inspiration for the traditional folk song 'House Of The Rising Sun' which was brought to prominence by The Animals in 1964!
09) After John Bonham's death in 1980, Jimmy Page indeed refused to pick up a guitar for 9 months. Bonham died in Page's home of asphyxiation!
10) Mike Nesmith indeed wrote 'Different Drum' for Linda Ronstadt. I'd love to hear that demo you mentioned Rog!
11) Tommy Roe indeed had the #1 hit recording, with 'Sheila' 6 years after the initial attempt!
12)
13) It was indeed our favorite Vulcan, Leonard Nimoy, who played the driver in The Bangle's video for Going Down To Liverpool!
14) It was indeed Linda Eastman's photo of Tommy James and The Shondells' on their It's Only Love album! A few years later, she met and married Paul McCartney!
15)
Does anybody know the answers to the remaining three questions?
Chime in, if so!
This is Wink Dangerdale,calling it a night.
See ya tomorrow!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
-
January 28th, 2008, 04:34 PM
#113
Inactive Member
My best guesses!
#07 man of mystery
#12 reader's digest
#15 egyptian hotties
Well Wink, did I hit any nails on the head?

DT
-
January 29th, 2008, 04:09 PM
#114
moderator
-
February 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
#115
Inactive Member
Thank you for the Atta-boys, but I gotta admit that these games are getting harder.
I also wanna say good game to the other contestants, Bohemian Twister and Raintown Boy
I am looking forward to the next round.
-
February 2nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
#116
moderator
Hope you are feeling better now Rog! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
Yep, some of my factual findings, lately, have surprised me too but seven out of fifteen ain't too shabby dude!
I'll be back a.s.a.p., if not sooner, with some more HARD rock trivia questions.
By the time we finish this series we'll be real know-it-alls! LOL!
Rock On!!!
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
Wink
-
February 11th, 2008, 01:31 AM
#117
Inactive Member
Hey Wink, an E for effort ain't too shabby either, imo!
Thanks for giving credit where credit is due and congrats to Mr. Ella for another job well done!
Your's truly,
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
Delvin Tew
-
March 14th, 2008, 04:13 AM
#118
moderator
Hi there folks! It's me Wink Dangerdale and I am here, once again, with the our Music Trivia Game #10.
It's a pleasure bringing these games to you, so without furthur adieu, here are your 15 questions!
I am looking forward to seeing your answers!
As always, I wish good luck to all contestants!
Let's play MUSIC TRIVIA!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
01) The co-founder of the Rock band Orleans, was elected to US Congress in November, 2006, representing New York's 19th congressional district. That's him you hear doing the slick guitar work on "Still The One" and "Dance With Me". Can you name him?
02) The Barry Manilow hit "I Write The Songs" has been recorded by over two hundred artists and has a cumulative, worldwide sales figure of twenty-five million copies. In actuality Barry did not write the song. Do you know who did?
03) At the same time as their big hit, written by Neil Sedaka, was starting to fade from the Billboard Hot 100, this pop duo had a Spanish version of the same song enter the chart.
It was the only time in Rock history that an act had two versions of the same song in different languages and on different singles, appear simultaneously on the Hot 100. Can you name this pop duo?
04) While this Ernie K-Doe hit was at the top of the US charts in 1961, Dick Clark decided he would not have K-Doe on American Bandstand because he felt the song was disrespectful towards his Mother-in-Law. Can you name the song?
05) The line from Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode, "That little country boy could play" was originally written as, what?
Berry knew that in order to get the song played on the radio, he would have to change that lyric.
06) Janis Ian got the inspiration for her biggest hit while sitting at the kitchen table reading a New York Times article about a debutant. The opening line of the story was "I learned the truth at 18."
Can you name the song?
07) Five different record companies, including Decca, Roulette, Columbia, RCA and Atlantic turned down "That'll Be The Day" by Buddy Holly. What record company finally signed Holly to a contract, after hearing the demo?
08) In order to give fans a "gold record", the first 100,000 copies of what song, by Grand Funk Railroad were stamped out of gold colored vinyl?
09) Lesley Gore appeared in two episodes of the TV show Batman in 1966. She may have had a little help landing the role, as Howie Horwitz, one of the show's producers, is her uncle. Do you know what role she played?
10) Even though Frank Zappa's kids have such strange names, Frank Zappa once said that he believed they would always have more trouble because of their last name. Can you name his four kids?
11) Years before scoring 1972's number one smash "I Can See Clearly Now", Johnny Nash entered a talent show in Houston Texas. He lost to a young Soul singer, who would have a chart topping hit of his own in 1968, with "Skinny Legs and All". Can you name that young soul singer?
12) Jimi Hendrix was hired as this bands opening act for their 1967 summer tour. Unfortunately, US audiences had never seen anything like Hendrix before and booed him off of the stage. He quit the tour after two weeks.
Can you name the band he was opening for?
13) Producer Terry Melcher called upon song writers Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil to come up with something for Paul Revere And The Raiders. They sent him a song they had originally written hoping it would help get a friend of theirs off drugs. Can you name the song?
14) The Beatles recorded two different versions of this song. One was a half-tone higher and slightly faster than the other. The group couldn't decide which rendition they liked better and John finally asked producer George Martin if he could put them together somehow. When one was slowed down, it fit perfectly with the other, resulting in the song we know today. Can you name the song?
15) Can you name the popular songstress who sang the theme to PeeWee's Playhouse?
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
-
March 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
#119
Inactive Member
Well, Mr Danger you have outdone yourself on this game. It is the hardest by far, I can only answer a few this time it seems.
4) You kinda gave this one away, The song was Mother-In-Law
5) The original line was "colored boy"
6)I believe it was "At 17"???
7) I just watched the Buddy Holly Story last weekend, The label was Coral Records
8) I still have my copy of "We're An American Band"
9) I am a big Batman fan and I remember her as one of Catwomans minons, But I can't remember her name, was it Kitten?
10) I can remember Ahmet, Moon Unit and Deweezil
12) I'm really old I remember when Jimi Opened for the Monkees
13) "Kicks" just keep getting Harder To Find. (In my opinion the Raiders are a very under appreciated band)
-
March 15th, 2008, 05:16 PM
#120
moderator
Well Roger, your knowledge of Rock and Roll has once again been proven.
Your 9 answers are correct, leaving only 6 of the 15 unanswered!
Great job! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
4) The Ernie K-Doe song Dick Clark was so concerned about was indeed Mother-In-Law. I thought I was throwing you a curve by hiding the answer, in plain sight!
5) The original line Chuck Berry changed, in Johnny B.Goode, was indeed "that little colored boy could play."
6) At Seventeen was indeed the song Janis Ian was inspired by, in that New York Times article.
7) It was indeed Bob Thiele at Coral/Brunswick Records who heard the demo and signed Buddy Holly to a contract.
8) "We're An American Band" is indeed the GOLD Grand Funk Railroad record that the first 100,000 fans obtained.
9) I'd say your answer is close enough. Leslie Gore played the role of "Pussycat", one of Catwoman's henchwomen.
10) Three out of four, is close enough to give you an atta-boy, for this one, too Rog. Zappa's kids are Moon Unit, Diva, Dweezil and Ahmet Rodan!
12) Jimi Hendrix indeed opened for the Monkees, for two weeks during the summer of love!
13) "Kicks" is indeed the song that Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil gave to The Raiders!
Their music HAS stood the test of time, hasn't it?!?!
Paul Revere, Mark Lindsay, Phil "Fang" Volk, Michael "Smitty" Smith and Drake Levin were my favorite band, for a while, during their heyday!
Okay folks, just outa curiosity, does anyone know the answers to the rest of these MUSIC TRIVIA questions?
01) The co-founder of the Rock band Orleans, was elected to US Congress in November, 2006, representing New York's 19th congressional district. That's him you hear doing the slick guitar work on "Still The One" and "Dance With Me". Can you name him?
02) The Barry Manilow hit "I Write The Songs" has been recorded by over two hundred artists and has a cumulative, worldwide sales figure of twenty-five million copies. In actuality Barry did not write the song. Do you know who did?
03) At the same time as their big hit, written by Neil Sedaka, was starting to fade from the Billboard Hot 100, this pop duo had a Spanish version of the same song enter the chart. It was the only time in Rock history that an act had two versions of the same song in different languages and on different singles, appear simultaneously on the Hot 100. Can you name this pop duo?
11) Years before scoring 1972's number one smash "I Can See Clearly Now", Johnny Nash entered a talent show in Houston Texas. He lost to a young Soul singer, who would have a chart topping hit of his own in 1968, with "Skinny Legs and All". Can you name that young soul singer?
14) The Beatles recorded two different versions of this song. One was a half-tone higher and slightly faster than the other. The group couldn't decide which rendition they liked better and John finally asked producer George Martin if he could put them together somehow. When one was slowed down, it fit perfectly with the other, resulting in the song we know today. Can you name the song?
15) Can you name the popular songstress who sang the theme to PeeWee's Playhouse?
Chime in, if you know the answers, please!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks